The Ramblings Of A Tired Ain
I had a short convo on MSN with a long time friend. Apparently, he's due to come out into the real world soon. Out into the cruel, bitter, harshness of reality. His main ambition in life is to receive a 7k paycheck by the time he reaches his 30s. I didn't comment much. I couldn't. Who am I to tell him that he's dreaming big? I'm a true cynic. I don't think people like us can ever receive a big paycheck without plenty of patience and earned the respect we need/desire. It wouldn't be right for me to tell him that such things don't happen to people like us. Maybe this exception doesn't apply to him. I can only hope so.
So instead I told him I didn't want to pursue a job that requires plenty of sacrifices and at the same time I loathe the work. Ok, so that was a true statement. I really don't want to earn big money doing things that I'm not good in. It would be a dream come true if I was paid to write my opinions in my own column. Ya..well, it's just a dream right? Dreaming is one thing, pursuing is another. Hence the cruel harshness of reality.
I've decided to compile a list of sad songs and burn it into my CD. So that when the need arises, I can listen to it and remember the feelings again. I'm going to add - River Flows Into You by Yiruma. It's Bella's lullaby from Twilight. I love how it's so simple. The short song is like telling a love story... Mesmerising. I wonder what the composer's exact thoughts were when he penned this down. I love it.
On a side note, I should have totally bought the staind album. Lol. Can't wait to compile the list of sad songs.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home