A First
For the first time in my life, I watched a movie by myself today. I know that tons of other people have done so way before me. I congratulate you. But I have been waiting for this day for a long time. It was something I wished to do before..well, before I passed on. And I received such an opportunity today :) I am proud to announce that I caught Revolutionary Road starring the fab Leo and Kate. I reckon I should watch a fantastic movie for my first. I didn't want to watch with anyone bcoz I was afraid others might influence how I saw this movie. So instead of watching 17 Again, I chose the above-mentioned movie. I didn't regret catching it.
Their acting was spot on. Superb as always. A young couple feeling like they got married too early and not having the luxury to follow their dreams and be extraordinary. My opinion? The film's trying to show us what happens when regret poisons our minds. Don't get me wrong. I can totally understand what April Wheeler was feeling. She feels like there's no further purpose in life for her. The talent that she thought she had, she didn't acquire. Initially, I thought the Paris idea was more for Frank. I admit.. I didn't realise it was more for her than it is for him. She just wanted a different life at the same time, she loved her husband too much to leave the simple, mundane life. But really...the actor playing John had it spot-on. He was a supposed mental patient..yet he was the only one to understand the Wheeler's need to escape the Stepford-like town. Well, it ended in typical fashion for a Leo/Kate movie. There's always a tragedy. Cried at that bit at the end.
So that movie set the tone of my afternoon. I got all melancholy and I didn't want to go home when I was feeling F. So I finished my mineral water on the steps outside Westmall, listening to Jason Mraz live and admiring the beautiful blue sky.
Lol. Btw reel. I resent the fact that you think the idea of me watching a movie alone is weird. Lol. Ass. You do it all the time and I'm the weird one.
Anyway, GREAT movie. It deserved the 4/5 rating that Today paper gave. Went home to watch In The Land of Women. Lol. Just wanted to watch some scenes of Adam Brody and his grandma interacting. Freaking hilarious.
I can now cross off one thing on the list. Next.. let's see if I can go Europe in 3 years. Lol.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home