1.5 Hours Alone
While Aman spent time with his NS friends at Vivo, I walked around the mall in search of - tada - either a video store or a bookshop. So I was literally hoping to stumble upon either one on the second floor. Came across MJ near GV Vivo. Saw various things that Laserflair offered so I exited within 10 mins. I wandered a little further down and found PageOne along the same stretch.
Initially, I thought PageOne carries a small variety of books. So you can imagine my amazement when I found that the bookstore might be the same size as Kinokuniya Takashimaya + the books were fairly interesting to me. I skimmed through a book entitled "Broken" by Daniel Clay. I had no choice but to rush through the book. The blurb made me curious. It was about how a single event on one particular day of which a geeky teenage boy, an enraged neighbour and a ten-year old girl were the only people only their streets, affected the lives of the people living in the town. I stayed at the bookcase till 7pm, reading that book. Read about how Bob Oswald almost killed Rick Buckley and the only witness to the crime was 10 year old Skunk Cunnigham. How that event basically snapped Rick into a broken man. I thought the ending was brutal and cruel..yet rudely realistic. It was a very plausible ending if such a situation were to happen in real life.
After reading that book, I ventured on and found a book on love quotes. I liked this one - "People Who Are Not In Love Fail To See How An Intelligent Man Can Suffer Because Of A Very Ordinary Woman." - Marcel Proust.
Then, I stumbled upon a book entitled "Questions For The Soul". Very enchanting book. Asked tons of personal question. Mostly difficult to answer. I was only able to answer about 2 of them. 1 of them asked which specific period of time did I feel like my self-esteem took a plunge. I gathered that was the easiest question ever. Another one was what was the one dream of mine that failed. So..really. That book...was asking me all the questions I didn't want to ask myself. So, I'm pretty glad I chanced upon it.
I googled some of Marcel Proust's quotes. Very insightful. Love it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home