TV + Book + Movies
I have yet to find someone who caught CSI’s season opener last night. It was superb. The acting, the plot. I cried like…5 times throughout the show. It started out dark. Warrick Brown was shot by an officer. I cried when Grissom held on to him till his life seeped out of him. Seeing Grissom’s shirt soaked in blood, seeing his eyes looked so distant proved just how affected he was. There was only one thing missing though. I was expecting to see all of the CSIs recollecting their time with Warrick. They’re probably going to show that in the upcoming episodes. At least I hope. My brother told me Grissom’s successor and I have to admit, I am relieved. I didn’t think anyone could replace Gil Grissom. He seemed to be a worthy replacement. Ok.. I’m relieved now.
I’ve been reading Pride and Prejudice. I’ve wanted to read at least one of the classics and since I heard so many good reviews about Pride and Prejudice from shows and books that I read, I grabbed a copy and started reading. What followed suit was unexpected. The text was totally 19th century. I wasn’t shock about finding that. I was shocked to find that I’m having difficulty keeping up with the events that are happening. I wouldn’t say that I’m a total goner. I understand the gist of it. I just don’t understand the banter. Ok.. Ashamed, I am. But apparently I’m not the only one. I tossed the book to Joel one day and he said he don’t understand the first paragraph. Lol. So at least there’s still some hope in me.
Last week I had a free Saturday. I watched In the Land of Women and Atonement. I must say, in Atonement, James McAvoy’s acting is like..WOW. I’ve seen him in Penelope and I thought he was amazing. But he totally raised the bar in Atonement. Hmm.. I wonder how he is in The Last King of Scotland and Wanted. Should rent those VCDs to check it out. Atonement’s ending was quite unexpected since I’ve never read the book. Such a sad ending to an almost blossoming love story. All because of that nosy kid.
In the Land of Women is a dramedy (drama + comedy). Starring Adam Brody, Kristen Stewart and the awesome Meg Ryan. It was entertaining. An indie movie with things to think about. The critics got it right.. I didn’t want the movie to end because there were too many holes in the story. But I thought Phyllis was bloody funny. The entire dynamic works and Kristen Stewart looks better as a blondie. Adam Brody is as hot as ever. Loved the writer plot.. Lol. Soft porn writer. What a career..
Hmm…maybe I should watch it again :P
I’ve been reading Pride and Prejudice. I’ve wanted to read at least one of the classics and since I heard so many good reviews about Pride and Prejudice from shows and books that I read, I grabbed a copy and started reading. What followed suit was unexpected. The text was totally 19th century. I wasn’t shock about finding that. I was shocked to find that I’m having difficulty keeping up with the events that are happening. I wouldn’t say that I’m a total goner. I understand the gist of it. I just don’t understand the banter. Ok.. Ashamed, I am. But apparently I’m not the only one. I tossed the book to Joel one day and he said he don’t understand the first paragraph. Lol. So at least there’s still some hope in me.
Last week I had a free Saturday. I watched In the Land of Women and Atonement. I must say, in Atonement, James McAvoy’s acting is like..WOW. I’ve seen him in Penelope and I thought he was amazing. But he totally raised the bar in Atonement. Hmm.. I wonder how he is in The Last King of Scotland and Wanted. Should rent those VCDs to check it out. Atonement’s ending was quite unexpected since I’ve never read the book. Such a sad ending to an almost blossoming love story. All because of that nosy kid.
In the Land of Women is a dramedy (drama + comedy). Starring Adam Brody, Kristen Stewart and the awesome Meg Ryan. It was entertaining. An indie movie with things to think about. The critics got it right.. I didn’t want the movie to end because there were too many holes in the story. But I thought Phyllis was bloody funny. The entire dynamic works and Kristen Stewart looks better as a blondie. Adam Brody is as hot as ever. Loved the writer plot.. Lol. Soft porn writer. What a career..
Hmm…maybe I should watch it again :P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home