Sad Goodbye
Today, I took a trip down memory lane. Specifically, 8 years ago. The year: 1999. During the June holidays. Way back when life was still promising. Back when I was protected from the harshness of the world. Back when my world crumbled at General Hospital. I relived that moment today. I received the devastating news again. 8 years ago, it was a dear dear uncle. Today, it was an aunt. I loathe to be the one receiving the news. LOATHE. My mind will take forever to process whatever information was thrusted upon me. All I could do was get on the bus and carried on with life for an hour and a half. After which I raced to the funeral home and witnessed the rituals. I promised myself I wouldn't cry. But I did. Tears seemed to trickle down my chubby cheeks effortlessly in those moments. We knew she was getting sicker by the day. Yet, we never really fully prepared ourselves. Much like 8 years ago. When my whole world caved in and became mentally insane for half an hour. Since then, I've been having dreams. Dreams with them in it. Perhaps I'm still trying to deal with their departure. Perhaps, it's a message from them. Regardless, I haven't receive such pain for 8 years. I guess I should be thankful. Well, I am. At least there were 8 years of lesser pain than today and June 1999.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home