1 minute of fame
I really should have been studying GBE friday morning. The wee hours, I mean. Instead, I was immersed in radio land that I couldn't bring myself to study. It was "Malam Jumaat" or "Friday night" as Muslims call Thursday nights and people associate that night with haunting tales. What I'm driving at is that, generally on thursday nights, they have programmes catered to ghost stories. I waited for Warna 94.2fm until 12.30pm but it didn't continue further. So I radio-hopped to 98.7fm. I tuned in to Shan Wee. It was better than having muttering global business environment to myself. So I figured I would try calling 98.7fm. From basic knowledge and several years listening to Perfect 10, I managed to recall the station's number. To my surprise, there was a ring. Afraid that they might have changed their number, I put down the phone. I was afraid I had called a residential number. I tried again, and still got a ring. It was too easy. So I put down the phone yet again. Finally, I double checked with the radio and was surprised to know that it was the right number. I gave it a shot and voila..I got through. Needless to say, I was shocked. Keke.. But Shan was so nice. Asking me about what I was doing, what I aspire to be. I told him about wanting to be an actress. He asked if I did any tv stints. I told him about Against All Odds. Dumb of me, I know. keke... I was proud of myself for managing to hold back any sarcasms that might erupt. I do have a tendency of doing a verbal diarrhoea. Anyway, he said "I did a minor acting once. As a policeman..Wasn't very good at it."
"Oh really?"
"Yeah..a long time ago."
"Well, it turned out great for you." (WOooooo..I deserve a pat on the back there)
Couldn't remember what he said after that other than "I hope to see more of you on tv.."
"Oh...thanks :)"
Woooo..my one minute of fame. Keke....Eventhough it was at 1.15am...Keke. Damn fun la..
He put "Collide" by Howie Day as the next song.. Touching :P
"Oh really?"
"Yeah..a long time ago."
"Well, it turned out great for you." (WOooooo..I deserve a pat on the back there)
Couldn't remember what he said after that other than "I hope to see more of you on tv.."
"Oh...thanks :)"
Woooo..my one minute of fame. Keke....Eventhough it was at 1.15am...Keke. Damn fun la..
He put "Collide" by Howie Day as the next song.. Touching :P

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home