Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Emcees

I went to SMIT Talentime. I hate emcees who uses Singlish as a gimmick. So un-professional. Ok so I'm all talk but no action but I think the emcee for School of MM rocked his gig. There was no cliche with his opening. Emcees just love to use "Hey..where are you? I can't find you." or "Hello, are you coming? Ya, we have a show to host."

Those useless boring cliche lines. To be a good emcee, you have to be downright confident. Project yourself well and to speak eloquently. You need to nail the punchline. I realised that great emcees need to have a great sense of humour. Those self-praises will fail to entertain. Always. Lesser crowds for those type of nonsense drill. They should have used better gimmicks. They need to have that on-the-spot reply. Unplugged. Unrehearsed. Otherwise, spare us the lameness. Oh, and curtains....they don't crack. Big shocker there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home