Friday, February 15, 2008

MP3 Songs Are Part Of Me

I decided to view "All Songs" in my Samsung mp3 on my way to work this morning. It's amazing the feelings that come rushing to you once you hear a familiar song that used to mean something. I'm sure everyone connects a certain song to a certain event that happened in their lives. I'm one of them. I chanced upon a song by 3 Doors Down - Changes. It was the first album I bought by the band and it was an awesome cd. I remember I used to listen to it on my way to my first real job as a sales promoter at Isetan Scotts. It was a rough time for me because I was going through a new phase of my life and I was a tad frightened at what lay ahead.

So I used to play this track because it started off to me, in a sad & unsure tone. The lyrics were spot on.

"Not supposed to be scared of anything but I don't know where I am. I wish that I could move but I'm exhausted and nobody understands..how I feel. I'm trying hard to breathe but there's no air in my lungs, there's no one hear to talk to and the pain inside is making me numb..."

At that time, I was in a bad place. Few friends I could rely on. Working almost everyday. Not having a gd relationship with my then boyfriend. Just scraping through life. So there was this immense feeling of sadness that I associate the song with. So now...when I listen to it, that immense & intense feeling rushes back and I could feel the despair once again.

Music is incredible..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home