Nolstagia in the Air
I'm feeling so nolstagic these days. Probably because I keep passing Dover and looking oh so forlornly at School of Business. A place I used to grunt, squirm and mope. A place where I crack wiseass jokes to everyone and eat like a pig in FC6. A place of gossips and memories. It's all Ifa's fault. She's making me remember all the things in Poly. To think I thought Poly life had no adventure coz I had no CCA. Proved myself wrong.
- I remember when Benji said that bow-down hilarious presentation punchline: "See, the competitors are shaking that we are entering the market." That was when we realised Benji was one of a kind.
- I remember us visiting Alan at the hospital. Saddened all of us to see a member on the hospital bed. The gym fanatic helpless in a ward. All we could do was feel sad and hoped he'll recover. And thankfully, he did.
- I remember the taitee games we used to play at FC6. We played with the guys, exchanging crappy expressions to the other. Making each other psyched. Even yiping was terribly good at it that we lost most of the time.
- How about the time when we played Uno in FC6 with Heyi? We played "Heart Attack" till the whole FC were looking at us and caused neighbouring tables to "shhh.."
- Freshmen Orientation Briefing. The one I went for the briefing alone. So pissed off at my girls for not accompanying me eventhough I knew they all had good reasons.
- Freshmen Orientation. The one Ifa got mad at me because I was running all over the place and not giving her special attention. Ain being Ain wasn't observant enough. But from that situation, we gained a friend - Farhan. Keke..Given the chance, I wouldn't change this moment if I went back in time. Would have missed out on a lot. Oh ya.. Not forgetting that Maria forgot which day it was and we ended up one man short on the first day. That was freaking funny too.
- The arrival of Zahidah. Who can forget that? I remember RWPS. We realised there was another addition the family. Another malay girl in our midst. We were..apprehensive. Didn't know if we should approach. Along the way, fate intervened. Zahidah found her way to us and we formed part of the GREATEST. Wouldn't be complete without beloved Kavi, LP, Sze Nie and Yiping.
- I remember how Ifa and I bonded with Kavi. That was a funny event. At first we thought Kavi was someone we couldn't see eye to eye. I'm still figuring out why we thought that. Should have slapped ourselves silly at that point. It was UCCD. The first individual report. As usual, Ifa and I did last minute work. Fate stepped in again and had Kavi sitting next to ifa. Haha... She was a doozy. We laughed and laughed when Ifa wasted 20 copies of Appendix while I wasted $20 on taxi fares. Haha. That was the beginning of a wonderful, funny relationship.
- How about the time when we found out about Vani? We still managed to go to the washroom to have a discussion about it. So excited for Kavi yet worried that she wouldn't be able to continue with us. Even went to the hospital to check up on her. Carried Vani in my hands. Such an adorable kid with funny, crazy mom n dad. Love her to bits.
- I remember the first time I met Ifa. She was sitting with Sze Nie and Yiping, wearing her red, long sleeved t-shirt. Remembered how she looked at me like I was losing it when I asked her if she was Malay. I was estatic. Yet, time hasn't brought us close yet at that point. I don't remember how we got so inseparable. I don't remember how Ifa and Ain became IFA & AIN. I'm just thankful that it did. Thankful to find a girly malay best friend that knows what I'm thinking and want to say all the time.
- I remember that donation trip with Karen. I remember her saying Excuse me in Chinese to all the doors at Yew Tee. We did a great job that day. I still remember that wonderful grandmother who gave $10 each to our donation cans. She was looking at her grandchildren's photos. Such a kind soul. No doubt Karen and I emerged as one of the highest in the class :)
- I remember that 4 hour long talk I had with Maria while Ifa had her hair straightened. We talked about everything under the sun. We talked about what would happen once we graduated, religion, you name it. The longest conversation I ever had with Maria. Thanks for that day.
- I remember the preparation it took for Maria's bday. ALL of us pitched in. It was a great bday for all of us. A day to remember that friendships exist with girls. Not always backstabbing one another. We did great with the gifts and the waiting before Maria got home. Ifa got knocked on the head, Maria got shampooed with flour and everyone else gets to feast on Maria's mom's cooking. De-lish. I love that day very much.
- Even Ifa's and LP's bday was worth remembering. Manage to garner some of the guys to come and celebrate. It was great since I was the host with the sore throat and everyone begging me to stop talking. Haha. But the important thing is that we got ifa and LP bad. Haha. Ifa took us down but at least we got to her first :P
- The first time I took Za's bike. OMG. We knocked each other's head so many times, I thought I was making her crazy. Haha. All for Kat's book that I forgot to bring. Haha. But it was fun. Za brought me to and fro. First among our friends to ride it I think. Not intentional though. But greatest fun nonetheless.
- I remember that we LOVED doing things at the last minute driving Karen insane sometimes. Honestly, I don't know how the hell we did it each time. But we did. my favourite was the RTS exhibition board and the FBM boards. Wahlao eh. RTS we stayed back to finish it and I was mighty proud with the results. Though we had to change the bubble thought a LOT OF TIMES. Haha. But damn, it had to fall on my bday. That's the sad part though. Other than that, all of u surprised me with your talents. Karen as usual ur art had me dumbfounded. Ifa, I don't know how you manage to gauge the cans on the wall but u did. Maria, we cut the styrofoam board like there's no tomorrow. Zahidah, I don't how you did the basket and made it silver (and I thought it wouldn't look nice but i was so definitely wrong!). It was beautiful. Everything was awesomely put. I missed it.
- I can't thank all of you enough for helping me with Aman's bday throughout the 3 years. I really can't say thank you enough. REALLY. Thanks for accepting him in your life too. Means the world to me.
I'll be sure to think of more things in time to come.. you will all be missed :)

THE GANG with one missing member LP.

5 Comments:
"Nostalgic" is the word. And now, Ifa is to blame. Well, kata Ifa kan. Hehe.
Walaowey. That is so touching lar. Your post today. Made me shed a little bit of tears. And again, kata Ifa kan.
Pasal Benji (competitors)
Pasal Alan (Hospital tu and pas tu close ngan Ifa)
Pasal kavi (20)
Pasal FC6 (Heart Attack)
Pasal Freshmen (Me and You)
Pasal First Day of School (Malay?)
Pasal ifa and ain became IFA AND AIN.
I wouldn't trade this for ANYTHING.
and I heart you many many. Miss you many many. Muacks.
Haha..Ya, all these crazy events happened in only a few years. Tapi macam seemed so long ago.
Sedih kan.. Can no longer relive those days. No more stupid moments. mcm mana??!! Kan sad.
I'll post more memories. Haha. I love thinking about them. Remember the ultra dumb funny things to laugh about.
Will post about the Taufik thing. Haha.
I heart you many many too bestfriend. Hope the robe event is gonna be memorable!!!
Hey, wat's with you and ifa? Bringing out all the things about school, want to make me cry izzit?? ARGG... miss you all...
Karen!! Long time no see. You also must blog about the past ba. Missing our laughter during projects ba.. Remember we always laugh like mad when we have to do together?!!! Kekeke...
I can nv stand your laughter and it's nv ending when we laugh... haiz.. miss those crazy days
Post a Comment
<< Home