Friday, February 16, 2007

The Trip of a Lifetime

I'm sure everyone's wondering how the trip went. I'm just as excited to tell the story so here goes..

Friday, 9th February 2007
I woke up especially early so that I wouldn't miss the bus. I didn't get enough sleep and I felt so drained. But the thought of the trip kept me going, battling through the morning air and big crowds on the train. I refused to take a cab down because I didn't want to waste money before I got to Malacca. I met Ifa at Lavender and quickly realised we both have no clue how to get to Golden Mile Complex. After minutes of giggling at how freaking far it was from Lavender, we walked through the treacherous blocks of stinky flats and found ourselves at Golden Mile Complex shortly. After waiting anxiously for our last trooper, we finally boarded the bus at exactly 8.3oam. No doubt, we were the last passengers to board with only a total of about 10 people on the bus. We stretched out and slept through our journey to Malacca.

Within 4 hours, we reached Malacca. It looked..promising. We were haggard looking..somewhat tired from the journey. I managed to get myself an asthma attack. After checking into the hotel, my asthma seemed to be getting worse. We went to a local doctor - Mr Azman. He was the butt of our joke for the consecutive days. He was a nice, friendly doctor. Very observant too. Keke.. Saw my eczema when I was hiding it so well.
Anyways, got the medication which cost me so little (RM 50) and headed back to the hotel. Took lots of photos and vids. Had a heart-to-heart talk with all my posse. Keke.. Then we stayed in, played poker, watched tv and waited till night before heading down to eat. At the lobby, we saw "But 1 get 1 free" for cakes. We bought the cheesecake and chocolate cake. Cheesecake emerged victorious. I liked how we always eat and watch tv in the living room together. Felt like it was a great bonding session for us.
The tv was still showing Rush Hour 2 when I decided to call it a night.

Saturday, 10th February 2007
We woke up super early that day. Early on vacation doesn't seem appealing to me. At 6.45am I was already waiting for my turn for the toilet. Watched the sunrise but I still think sunset rocks! We were ready and set sail to wait for the bus at the terminal by 9.30am. It was a 2 hour journey to KL. But it was totally worth it. The scorching sun made it harder on us to fulfill our shopping pleasures. Keke...But we made through. However, we were left with 4 people in the group. We wandered around KL and managed to get plenty of souvenirs for everyone else back home. We all bought tons of things there. And we finally went to eat at Kenny Rogers!!! Keke. The macaroni and cheese is heavenly. I want their recipe! Went back at 7.30pm and the bus to Malacca were mainly occupied by us. Made so much noise until we fell quiet and listened to our mp3. Keke. Anyways, we ended the day with cup noodles in front of the tv with everyone dozing fast. Ifa slept on the couch :P Again, Bend it Like Beckham was showing on the telly when I decided to call it a night. *When we reached the hotel room, something was wrong with they key and the entire room went pitch black. Haha.. Everyone scrambled for the door. We almost smacked Karen with the door. Haha.. All because I made a silly joke. Laughed till our tummy hurt.

Sunday, 11th February 2007
We woke up at around 8am and we watched tv before marching towards the bathroom. On our itinerary for that day was to go to Mahkota Parade ala Vivocity only affordable. We were lucky enough to be able to take the shuttle bus which we had been amazingly punctual. The place was clean and Karen picked out the place to eat for the day. We had a heavy breakfast at Shakey Pizza. Delicious stuff but oddly similar to Pizza Hut. Nonetheless, it was splendid as we calculated that it was quite cheap :P Then, we walked around and shopped!! Zahidah was out of the race which was left with us 3. We bought lots of things. Shoes, vests, clothes (our favourite F.O.S store!!) and CDs. Bought Maria's gift too. We basically went into every shop to survey because we had so much time!! We managed to cover almost all the stores by the time we had to go off and meet the uncle who drove the shuttle bus. (I managed to meet my father for a while coz he was shopping in the area!) Ifa managed to flirt with Abang there much to our dismay as we were all burnt to a crisp in the process :P Some punk kid wanted to show off his breakdance moves in front of his friends and us in particular. He FAILED so miserably. Us four basically rolled our eyes and continued our gossiping.


On our way home, we charmed the driver. In the end, he offered to send us to the Bus Terminal on Tuesday!! Keke..Thanks loads. Keke. We dropped off at the entrance of the hotel because we wanted to grab something to eat at the foodstall across the road. We bought our food with tons of malay guys staring at us like we were meat to vultures. We bought our food and Karen suggested that we buy Teh Ais. My goodness... It was freaking ass delicious. For RM 1.20, we got 4 glasses worth of Teh Ais in one packet. And it was GREAT!!! We bought Nasi Goreng of all sorts but Karen's turn out to be the Nicest!! not tt the rest wasn't delicious. Only tt hers was the freaking nicest. The aunties were generous with their food. After the feast, we watched tv and at 8pm we headed down to the swimming pool. It was a COLD night. Keke.. We shivered when we went down. But we had so much fun because of Za's crazy antics and games in the pool. I was the party pooper since my asthma decided to have a visit again :( It was fun!! minus the half naked chinese guys who decided to join us. We carried on till 9pm before heading back upstairs. We took turns to bathe and sat in front of the tv once again drinking our favourite Teh Ais and the cakes we bought before we went swimming. Ifa and I stayed up until 12am watching tv (including One Tree Hill) before dozing off to sleep. *when ifa and I snuggled into our respective beds we said "I hope I can sleep" at the same time. Magical bed. haha..

Monday, 12th February 2007
We woke up at around 10am. It was the only day that we had nothing really planned. So we took our time to get ready (Yes, we watched a movie. If I wasn't wrong, we caught the Dreamcatcher in the hotel room. I will never look at a bug the same way again.) We had a cab waiting for us which was by the work of the concierge. It was a nice cab!! Keke. We went again to Mahkota Parade and bought our Epic Movie tickets. keke. Ifa and Za decided for us to eat at McDonald's. There was no protest because it was so cheap!!! Then we rushed up to the movie theater. It was fine..Like an oldschool movie theater. Relatively clean just a little under maintenance in terms of the chairs. The movie was a bore. Seriously. No one laughed throughout the entire movie. Not even us. Za & I managed to fall asleep even. Haha. Bad start to a day.

Anyways, Ifa and I exchanged our gifts because it was either the wrong ones or spoiled. Then we went over to the posh new building which no doubt was catered to the affluent tourists because the brands included Mango, Esprit and many more. It was too rich for our blood because all we got from there were coin pouches and sunglasses. Keke. We went back to Mahkota to look around and went to the little shophouses. That was the last of our adventure and took a cab back to the hotel. We bought our food from our favourite stall and Teh Ais!! Keke. We went back to the hotel to eat before going down again at 8pm to a pasar malam nearby. Talked to Karen on the way there. The walk reminded me of old npcc ritual of walking together in the dark. Wasn't tt afraid as I hadn't had my specs on. Everything was slightly blurred. Keke. Nothing much at the Pasar Malam so in about half an hour, we were back in the hotel. Seeing how it was our last night, we decided to make a video of us packing. Made lots of commentary but most importantly managed to stuff my things into one bag. Yay! Keke. The bag would have yelped if it could :p Anyway, we watched tv again and everyone knew it wasn't a night to sleep so early. We watched a funny chinese show. The subtitles were freaking irritating as it occupied such a big space. Slowly, we went off to sleep sighing tt it was the last night together. *The bed made Ifa and I say "In Singapore.." Magical Bed.

Tuesday, 13th February 2007
What's with the cool movies in the morning?! We watched ATF and couldn't move ourselves from the screen. but we managed to tear ourselves away from the tv when we read a spoiler on the newspaper. Damn. We walked around the hotel room, scanning to see if we forgot anything. We said our last goodbyes quietly and dragged our luggages out of the room. We took pictures all over the lobby while waiting for the shuttle bus. The kind driver whom we had charmed :P Keke.. We were at the terminal 4 hours early. We walked around before settling down to eat at Marybrown. Delicious as always. Keke.. Then we circled around the Terminal, no doubt going through the place TWICE. Then, we decided to try shopping across the road. Haha.. We found cheap...lingerie. Needless to say, Ain being Ain and my girls being them, the place was a mess. We were like picking fish from the fishmonger. Haha.. It was as if we've never seen bras and panties before. Haha... Had fun though. Soon it was time to go. We boarded the bus and bid farewell to our time in Malacca.

That was my adventure with my girls... Hope I didn't miss anything out.. It's a memory I will always treasure :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home