Off Day
Today is my off day after...a somewhat long time (not counting the urgent AM leave in April of course). I haven't have this carefree day in a while. Makes me miss those days where everything was simple.
I woke up at 9am to get ready and meet Aman for breakfast. We haven't gone for breakfast since.. well, for a long, long time. We went to MacDonalds to try out the Mcgriddles. It was a relaxing moment for me. No one barking orders down my throat or no one hassling me for having done errors. Most importantly, my name isn't yelled out every hour. I had my boy beside me, having breakfast, just talking, laughing at little funny things in our lives. At one point, while he went to refill his coffee, I caught a glimpse of the weather outside.
I love how the sun shines so brightly and for that split second, the surrounding is so calm and quiet. It feels like I've been taken on a trip back to the kampung days. Where all the follows are either the laughter of the children or birds chirping. Sigh.
That breakfast perked me up though I spent only 2 hours with him. I'm grateful that I at least get to spend time with him.
When I reached home, I was at a lost at what I should do to continue the day with the same burst of energy. From 12 to 4pm, I literally didn't know what to do so I watched One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl. Watched to the point that enough was enough. I decided to play badminton with my brother.
Only to find him asleep. Next best thing was Sarah. But I had to teach her how to play. After the 1 hour hassle, I asked my mom to play. To my surprise and delight, she joined in. Had so much fun playing badminton. I can't remember the last time we played badminton as a family. Still waiting for a chance to see my brother play though. He's way better than me.
So that ends my off day. Not eventful, but a day of "firsts in a long time".
I woke up at 9am to get ready and meet Aman for breakfast. We haven't gone for breakfast since.. well, for a long, long time. We went to MacDonalds to try out the Mcgriddles. It was a relaxing moment for me. No one barking orders down my throat or no one hassling me for having done errors. Most importantly, my name isn't yelled out every hour. I had my boy beside me, having breakfast, just talking, laughing at little funny things in our lives. At one point, while he went to refill his coffee, I caught a glimpse of the weather outside.
I love how the sun shines so brightly and for that split second, the surrounding is so calm and quiet. It feels like I've been taken on a trip back to the kampung days. Where all the follows are either the laughter of the children or birds chirping. Sigh.
That breakfast perked me up though I spent only 2 hours with him. I'm grateful that I at least get to spend time with him.
When I reached home, I was at a lost at what I should do to continue the day with the same burst of energy. From 12 to 4pm, I literally didn't know what to do so I watched One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl. Watched to the point that enough was enough. I decided to play badminton with my brother.
Only to find him asleep. Next best thing was Sarah. But I had to teach her how to play. After the 1 hour hassle, I asked my mom to play. To my surprise and delight, she joined in. Had so much fun playing badminton. I can't remember the last time we played badminton as a family. Still waiting for a chance to see my brother play though. He's way better than me.
So that ends my off day. Not eventful, but a day of "firsts in a long time".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home