Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Something I Wrote When I Was Down And Lonely.

This is something I wrote today when I was down and lonely. There's a sadder ending to it actually. But I decided to go with this ending. This is written by me so no copyright infringement!
The howling wind seemed to have quietened.
The night is calm once again; or so it seemed.
For somewhere, a man was seen clutching his chest.


He is gasping; running out of breath.
He tried to scream.
But no one was passing by
He stumbled onto the street,
Pain coursing through his body.


Did nobody care?
Was no one listening?
He reached out.
His outstretched hand trembling,
Hoping for someone to grab it.


It's 10 mins later.
The man lay crumpled and dead.
His soul's looking down.
Upon his lifeless body,
Wondering why the world
Didn't care.


He was distraught.
On bended knees, he sobbed
A lifetime worth of pain.

Then a sweet humming could be heard.
Someone's going to cross paths with the body!
Wait..Would that someone care?


The sweet humming stopped short.
A beautiful child came out from the shadows.
Would she be frightened by the ghastly sight?


The little girl sat by the body.
Smiling and writing on her flowery notebook.
Then, she sat up in 1 quick move.
Kissed his cheek, placed a note in his hand
And skipped away.


The soul wiped his tears away.
What was written? Was it of malice or disgust?
The soul took out the crumpled paper
And it read"The hotel's on the right."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home