Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Hong Kong Part 2/2

Since I promised, I'll try to recall what happen on 11/06 and 12/06.

  • 11/06

Woke up and had tons of breakfast to eat. Karen's uncle and grandfather kept buying for her food and in turn, that woman passed the halal food that she received to us eg. waffle balls. Lol. Ate that eventhough it was cold. Ate Za's chocolate wafer bought from..lemme see, Festival Walk's supermarket. So we were full again! Lol. The agenda on that day was to go to the Peak!! We went to East Tsim Sha Tsui (Karen, correct me if I'm wrong) I believe. The CBD are of HK ala Singapore's Shenton Way. Ok so we got messed up all of a sudden. Almost went to the wrong line, the bloody arrows were confusing plus it was drizzling, making it hard for us to see. HK people use their umbrellas eventhough they're under a shelter..WEIRD. So after walking back and forth we realise we were suppose to go vertical. We crossed and asked for directions. We went off to the direction pointed to us to get lost AGAIN. We were in the right vicinity..we just couldn't' find the bloody foodplace..You know..Another outlet of the Ebeneezer Kebab restaurant. I set out to find the exact restaurant much like at Wan Chai. We searched high and low. Our patience we wearing thin. Karen even sought out some locals to NO AVAIL. And then..when I tiptoed to see what was behind the van, I saw the bloody Ebeneezer sign. Anger simmers within me. After an annoyed Karen U-turn (A pakistani working around the area mimicked me and said "Karen..you went the wrong way" -_- ), we were a little shock to see that it was an incredibly small outlet.

After lunch/dinner, we decided to head on over to the pick. Short pitstop at a nearby cotton-on. Rat's ass. I bought 2 pairs of shoes -_- We had to pass HMV on the way to the Peak so naturally all instincts took over and I went in. OMG. There is a freaking ass wide variety over there. It's crazy!!! The comedy section was so big. I could find Indie movies. INDIE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!! I could literally live in that place. Shitness. They even have One Tree Hill Season 5 and 6 which Singapore fail to import. All good things have to come to an end so I got dragged out of there by 2 bored women. When we passed the place again, I bought How To Be and Marvin's Room. WOOOOOOOOOoooooooo.

Ok the way to the Peak is FREAKING TIRING. We were suppose to take a bus but we decided to be adventurous. Everywhere is uphill. Throughout the way, I totally thought to myself, if I didn't weigh lesser when I came back, I would feel damn cheated. We got stuck halfway due to our incredible map reading skills. Asked some ppl who worked at the government office nearby and was a li'l shock that we were on the right path. They showed us a shortcut through the park. Which consisted of MORE UPHILL. I was starting to wonder how the heck Karen and Za were not bickering about their calves being ripped into 2. Eventually, we made it to The Peak. Using the ticket that we bought earlier in the day (It's much cheaper to buy through Travel Agency in HK), we exchanged the passes for a ticket and went on the tram. Saw an American couple argue with the ticketing officer. Lol. British tourists and some Singaporeans were shaking their heads and smiling at the exchange.

Almost got on the Tram too late. OMG. The hill was SO STEEP, IT WAS ALMOST VERTICAL. We almost got too giddy by the time we reached the top. When we turned to see what was behind us, it was really a long way down. A scary long way down. Stopped by the gift store. Bought some more souvenirs and walked over to Madam Tussaud's Wax Museum. There were so many was celebrities. All I can say is that you guys should check out my photos when I upload the full one on facebook. In the wax musuem, there was a small haunted place that we could check out. I forgot whose idea it was to go in but we eventually did. 2 tourists, a couple, wanted to join us. At this point, I was thinking, there's a dude in tt couple. Why do they need 3 girls? Strength in numbers??? Weren't guys suppose to be the calm ones? Instead, the guy opted to be LAST. Karen went up ahead and all I can say is she did us proud. Za and I ..well particularly me, was..a coward. Lol. Not sure why..just got a petrified eventhough I knew they were just performers. Was damn relieved to be out of there.

When to the top floor - the sky garden/rooftop what-have-you. It was breathtaking. Very chilly and quiet. Seemed to have a few high class houses and we imagined they were owned by HK celebs. Took pics and while taking a video, my camera got fogged about because of the chilly air. Luckily it stopped raining before we got up there. It was a nice moment to share between the 3 of us seeing how that was to me, marking the end of a great vacation.

After The Peak, we went to Mong Kok again to get Za's skirt. She had been thinking of that skirt since Sunday so we encouraged her to have it and in the end, I bought a black dress -_- Lol. Luckily it was on sale. Otherwise, wouldn't have touched it. Bought bubble tea and HK smoothie. Both were great!!! We decided to call it a night after we realised we didn't have a lot of money left. We head on back to the hostel and called it a night. It was our last one in HK.

  • 12/06

Woke up later. Didn't want to wake up usual time seeing how it was our last day and there's no agenda other than buying Karen's uncle a farwell gift. After we got ready, we left the luggage at the hostel. Za and I headed to Landmark North while Karen went to spend some time with her grandmother. Za and I toured around Sheung Shui thinking that we could find sth around the area but we were so wrong. After getting mistaken for a Hong Konger at the wet market, we decided to check out Kowloon Tong. Whilst talking on the MTR, Za made an impromptu decision to checkout Karen's old house area's shopping mall at Sha Tin. It was so much like Takashimaya. Everything was so high-end and no supermarket. So we decided to take a break at Starbucks. Chill and talk. Good bonding session. But we had to leave coz we needed to get the gift. Went on the MTR to Kowloon Tong, took pictures of bikes on display and head on over to the supermarket, bought the gift and left. We reached Sheung Shui at approximately 3.30 and went straight to the bus stop that would bring us to the airport. We gave the gift and bid the uncle goodbye.

We sat apart in the bus. Figured we all needed to collect our thoughts, rest or reflect on the 6 days 5 nights trip. For me, I saw it as a fruitful experience. Safe country, very interesting places and crazy stuff on sale. It was a superb experience living in HK.

When we reached the airport, we realise we needed a trolley FAST coz Karen's hands could only take so much. We went to eat at Popeye. Saw an extremely good looking middle-eastern man. Lol. Read magazines for a while before heading for check-in. We managed to get the shortest queue. My luggage was 11kg only. Lol. Used mine to top up Karen's bag. All good. That way we carry lesser things on board!!

Ok so the system while waiting was abit screwed up. We didn't get on the plane 15 mins before like Singapore. Instead, by the time it was 8.15, we were still in the crummy bus in HK, GOING to the plane. I wanted to reach home early coz aman had work and he must be extremely exhausted. Was a bit pissed so much so that I COULDN'T SLEEP DURING THE 4 HOURS FLIGHT. I really tried my damnest. But I couldn't. So I ended up listening to my MP3. Anyone who is flying should get earplugs. They work wonders on your ears.

Reached Singapore at approx 12.10. Immigration was a breeze but the luggage was nerve-wrecking. Tot they lost my bag. Was extremely anxious. Plus, hate waiting. Lol. Said hello to Za's family and smiled so widely to see my boy :) Missed him loads. On the way home, picked up Alfie along the way and came home extremely tired. Good to be back.

Things that I may have missed:

Karen couldn't find her padlock key in her bag. Za and I searched in her bag. Couldn''t find it. Called the hostel people to saw the padlock off. After so much drama, Karen found the key in the lining of her bag. LOL. Funny moment.

An accident happened at Mong Kok the night we were there but at another area. Apparently someone poured acid onto the streets from the rooftop.

I tot I lost my specs. Couldn't find it anywhere in the room. Karen found it later....in my toiletries bag. Lol. Major dumb blonde moment.

1 Comments:

Blogger anything_kk said...

Thank you so much for updating all these sweet memories!!! I can just post your blog at my blog for future reference, hahaha!! I was smiling to myself when i read these...you guys are really good travel companions!!

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home