Wednesday, July 01, 2009

01/07/2009

I watched Into The Wild. Eventhough I wish the ending didn't turn out like that, it was an extremely good show. It showed how Chris had so much determination in him to work towards his goal of reaching Alaska. He was so focused. But alas, he received wisdom at the last moments before he passed. If I were watching it alone in my room, I would cry my eyes out. He was an amazing person. He touched and changed people's perspective. I especially love the Ron and Chris combo. He could have learnt alot from that wise old man. A very liberating story. Very Sean Penn to choose such a production. Reminded me of a small portion from Mystic River. I thought Emile Hirsch did a fantastic job as Chris. The guy died so young. 24 to be exact. I wouldn't have gotten chills if it was not based on a true story. It hit me the hardest when they showed his actual picture which was undeveloped in his camera. Christopher Johnson Candless 1968 - 1994.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home