Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ambitions

Today in class, we played a small game. We were to get into groups of 5. Supposed to stick with friends that know me best. So we did. The teacher handed me 4 sheets of paper to fill in what I thought were suitable careers for my other four companions. It came so fast to me. Ifa "merchandising manager", Karen "MarComm or Visual Merchandiser", Zahidah "Food and Pastry Department in hotels" and Maria is to be self-employed and helping out with the family business. I was a bit nervous as to what careers would be suggested for me. I wanted to know what others thought I should do because I don't have a clue which I should pursue. The response was..what I wanted. Most of them wrote actress. There was emcee, event organiser and working forever at DKNY. I laughed at the last one. I couldn't picture my life in DKNY. I would suffocate. But I liked what I heard. I would love to be an emcee, event organiser and actress. But here's the thing about me. I'm afraid of being rejected. It's like what Peyton said - It's too important to me and I don't want to screw it up. I don't want to be told that I'm just not good enough. I'm naive, I know. But living in this harsh world, you can't blame me for being so insecure about a future career. In a way, I view a career as somewhat a marriage. The commitment has to be full blast. I want to stay and be happy at one job and stick with it until I think I want to retire. So what say you? Should I follow the suggestions or stick with business?

2 Comments:

Blogger if* said...

Wei. I wanna copy and paste what peyton said. It's so totally true.

Itu akan jadi perangsang quote for me... kakaka

Aniway, i heart u

12:37 AM  
Blogger ainstein said...

hehe...ok..good job then

heart you too.. :)

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home