Thursday, August 31, 2006

To Remain Simple

I was bored of the old blog because it wasn't me. It wasn't personal enough. It wasn't attractive enough. It was dull and boring. I wanted something that remained simple yet it's me. So hence, the change :)

So today is the eve of teachers' day and frankly, I cannot be bothered. Sure, I would like to say hey to Mr Tan and Ms Gopal but going over to BVSS is such a hassle. I see no point in it. I don't see any point in returning to Yuhua Primary School either. Why? Because people go back with only one reason. They want people to notice the changes in their lives. The once obese classmates will return with a skinnier frame. The less attractive ones will return with a makeover and the handsome and pretty ones are either to be in-your-face or checking out the stocks. It has never been about the teachers. It's about changing the past with the present which I've outgrown. Thank goodness.

I watched a few tv shows today. I watched Brace Face 11am on KC, Supernova 11.30am on Starworld, That's So Raven 12pm on KC, Clifford 2pm on KC, Malcolm in the Middle 6.30pm on Starworld, E Weekly 7pm MotorMouth 7.30pm Singapore Idol Extra and Results Show 8pm on Channel 5. Phew. I cannot believe Daniel Ong said "De-man". I wore my pajamas pants and adidas t-shirt while painting my room. Reason: If paint gets onto that t-shirt, It wouldn't be the worse thing.

I didn't get to see him today coz he was busy with projects and I was busy painting my room. People don't seem to have faith that I'll finish the painting by Ramadan but I hope they'll open their eyes wide when I'll be done by next week. It's hard to find positive-thinking people in this day and age. It's difficult being a sanguine when all the other personality types beat you down. Regardless, I think I did a great job with some help from mom :) Im left with the walls now.. Hopefully I'll be done soon. Wish me luck.

Tips on painting : Do not use a brush to paint the entire area. Just small corners. Best to use rollers for big areas of painting. 2 coats or more for better effects. Girls can paint too :)

Before the transformation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home