Thursday, September 21, 2006

Life As We Know It

I have with me a glass of F&N grape drink and a burning desire to summarise my four weeks holiday. With frequent coughs, I shall try my best to recap.

So I spent my first week working at DKNY. I couldn't afford not to work coz I was low on cash. Especially for the month of August. I had to catch up on my reading as well because I was going to take a test on the 20th of September. I managed to choke up a few days to go back to work to increase my dough. What I gained from those few days were the possibility of having fun at DKNY. I gained a new positive outlook to my stay at DKNY. It wasn't just for the money now. I came back for the people. The people I work with and the people I'm working for. Perhaps even for those delightful customers who made my day less stressful. Hence, I've developed a new insight to working life.

I had to cram my reading for the BTT in a month's time. I had to admit, I didn't have much courage. I was a little nervous seeing how I had not much experience in terms of the infrastructure in Singapore. I was stumped for the first few pages but I was determined to remember every single detail. Of course I had a great tutor, Aman and excellent tips from Benji and Khai Mr Runner Up SP. So I sat for my test and when I came to the last question, my palm was sweating profusely. Should I press on the "yes" or "no" in order to end the test? Hmm...I told myself to not be a chicken. Plus the biatch beside me left damn early and she passed. I needed to be a li'l more optimistic. Thus, I pressed on the "yes" and was overwhelmed when I saw the word "Passed" flashed on the screen. I couldn't help but grinned.

Before I took the test, I organised a li'l bday party for Ifa. To be honest, I thought it rocked. It was what I would have wanted for my bday. I didn't make it at school and I made it personal. There were tons of presents and we had fun at E2Max with old pals. Let's be honest, I wished they planned my bday tt spectacular. I was disappointed with my bday this year. More towards the fact tt I had to work late for the exhibition and I spent only two hours total on my bday. Since we're being honest, I hate tt I had to spend my bday at school again. I wished it was out of school. Somewhere tt meant something to me but time did not permit so I had to settle with darn SB again.

Enough of the past. I watched Ellen Degeneres again. I was wondering how this woman was respected even when she shared to the whole world tt she's batting for the other team. Plus, she's a successful woman. Hell, I want to be successful too. To tell the world my flaws and still be accepted..isn't tt great? Oh well..

Life has its way of sneaking up to you when you least expect it. I think I've gotten my fair share this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home