Demoralising Day
Today was such a demoralising day. Everything simply went wrong. I went out of the house at the wrong time which was when the bus zoomed passed my face. I figured things would be great after reaching to work early. My silent prayer went unanswered. The day got worse. I couldn't seem to sell any clothes before my lunch hour and it was wearing me down. My mind went into a panic mode and I assumed I was bad luck. It was hard not to think otherwise because whenever I stepped into the shop, no customers were seen. But when I left the shop to eat and came back, customers came in truckloads. September is crushing my spirits.
To be honest, I thought things would perk up when I got my first sale. Then the second one came in during the hour. I was positive that my luck would change. Alas, all small good things have to come to an end. I made an error in checking the sizes and I thought our outlet ran out of medium size. When my boss checked, there was one more in the shopfloor and I lost a sale. I made a mistake, yet again. It was my fault. My first big mistake. I was teary-eyed no doubt coz my emotions tend to run high when I received a scolding. But..I deserved it. Thing was, no one bothered to help me except for Nic. Everyone else was too busy to help when all morning I was the one helping them. Was it so hard for them to help take the stocks? Would it kill them to just take five minutes to help me? I was livid.
I was optimistic when my watch signalled 7:30pm. I went to change and went out hastily without waiting for my colleagues. I needed some time alone. I thought I should cheer myself up so I bought fruits, sushi and creampuff for the family. Along the way to get fruits, a female foreigner stepped on my left pinky toe with her stiletto. My gawsh..things just kept getting worse. Sure, she did apologise profusely but nice words won't make the seering pain go away. Luckily my toe wasn't punctured but my sweat glands sure did some yelping. Haiz. What's wrong with me this month? Everything just doesn't add up. I have a feeling October ain't gonna be great either. Life is so unpredictable sometimes. At least I did get some cheering up from, the food I bought, and my favourite boy, Aman.. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Have a great fasting day to all Muslims.
To be honest, I thought things would perk up when I got my first sale. Then the second one came in during the hour. I was positive that my luck would change. Alas, all small good things have to come to an end. I made an error in checking the sizes and I thought our outlet ran out of medium size. When my boss checked, there was one more in the shopfloor and I lost a sale. I made a mistake, yet again. It was my fault. My first big mistake. I was teary-eyed no doubt coz my emotions tend to run high when I received a scolding. But..I deserved it. Thing was, no one bothered to help me except for Nic. Everyone else was too busy to help when all morning I was the one helping them. Was it so hard for them to help take the stocks? Would it kill them to just take five minutes to help me? I was livid.
I was optimistic when my watch signalled 7:30pm. I went to change and went out hastily without waiting for my colleagues. I needed some time alone. I thought I should cheer myself up so I bought fruits, sushi and creampuff for the family. Along the way to get fruits, a female foreigner stepped on my left pinky toe with her stiletto. My gawsh..things just kept getting worse. Sure, she did apologise profusely but nice words won't make the seering pain go away. Luckily my toe wasn't punctured but my sweat glands sure did some yelping. Haiz. What's wrong with me this month? Everything just doesn't add up. I have a feeling October ain't gonna be great either. Life is so unpredictable sometimes. At least I did get some cheering up from, the food I bought, and my favourite boy, Aman.. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Have a great fasting day to all Muslims.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home